Contracts for Services
The Office for Research is responsible for managing the review and approval routing for all contracts for University Research Institutes and Centers (URIC). URICs are NEVER allowed to enter into any contractual agreements on their own.
**Contracts, requisitions, and payment requests over $25,000. In addition to standard workflow approval processes, requests over $25,000 will be reviewed by Procurement & Payment Services. Requests over $50,000 will be routed to the Budget Office for review. Current contracts, leases, and equipment purchases related to sponsored research will be approved. Expenses deemed non-essential will be deferred. If you believe that your contract request meets the essential definitions (per 3/19/20 email from Provost), please provide a justification along with you request for contract review.
- Visit the Research Financial Administration for more information
- Office of General Counsel’s Contract Review and Approval Process
- Northwestern Auxiliary Services – incl. travel services & Travel Policy and Procedures, dining discounts & Northwestern Entertainment Guidelines, and hotel services
- Northwestern University Events Rider required for all events booked at venues that do not have a Master Agreement with NU that includes requisite Terms & Conditions. This template is for events with alcohol and no alcohol. Please visit the procurement and services link for more information.
- Northwestern University Planning Entertainment & Courtesy information – incl. Travel, Entertainment & Courtesy Policy
- List of rooms and contacts to request on-campus rooms for Northwestern meetings and events.
- Units engaging consultants for branding and marketing must ensure agreements adhere to Northwestern University Office of Global Marketing and Communications brand identity rules and guidelines. Agreements should include a statement to this effect, e.g., Development of the product (marketing strategy) will adhere to Northwestern University Office of Global Marketing and Communications brand identity rules, guidelines including, approved used of wordmarks, fonts, colors, domain, print, digital, and other communications platforms.